Saturday, April 3, 2010

Updates, Updates, and more updates

Professor Newell rubbed his brow, removed his glasses and reread the few lines I had written. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, knit his eyebrows together and then spoke the terrifying words. "I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say." Not the best words to hear from your creative writing professor. Especially when you have put your heart and soul into a piece of work, yet I still love that class and I continue to have hope of amazing my professor with my brilliance. haha. One day I will have an actual book in print with my name on it and my words in it or at least a column containing my thoughts.
So if you haven't realized it yet, I have changed my major. A pretty grand leap from the medical field to humanities. I've always enjoyed writing, but my talent hasn't extended beyond simple stories from my imagination as exemplified by my professors' confusion. Though, I plan to keep trying and enjoy trying in the process. Along with changing my major I've also become involved in a humanitarian trip to Mexico and am in the process of trying to raise money in order to go. So if you are at all able to donate that would be fantastic. :) On another note I was actually involved in a relationshipa while ago, a short one, but a relationship nonetheless. Crazy, huh? His name is Sam and he is in my Spanish class. Since we split we haven't really been on speaking terms. It makes for an interesting class. Well these are all my updates and I will attempt to be a more diligent writer in the future.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

yay! you finally updated! Love you!

Cindy Lou said...

I like when you update your blog!!!