Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shucks, it's Hard to be Humble

I know it blows the mind that I am posting for the third time in one week, but I've just had the desire to write lately. So I've recently had an epiphany. I am extremely confident in myself, sometimes to the excess. I was walking across campus the other day and I was thinking about ballet and how it has benefited my life. My thoughts went something like this,
"It's helped with my posture and grace...hmmm since I am graceful and have good posture I must look really good when I walk." There is only one word for this, "wow." A piece of humble pie would probably be very appropriate.
I think having confidence in yourself is good, to an extent. You don't have to always be searching for validation from other sources. I know who I am and frankly I am very happy with myself and confident in my abilities. If I ever cross the line, though, from the realms of my mind to lauding my perceived 'amazingness' on those around me then I will have gone too far and may need a few packages of humble pie.
I told my friend, Cindy, about this discovery of my cockiness and we found the wonderful song Shucks it is hard to be humble. If you have time you should look it up, it makes for a very diverting few minutes and I think the song may have been written about me ha ha. So, yes world I definitely don't lack for confidence, but I'm happy and that's what matters, right?

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are so cute!!!! I love your posts, BTW, keep it up :)

Cindy Lou said...

Oh my goodness hilarious!!! You crack me up!
And you make me want to write on my blog, therefore I'm going to :)

Wendy said...

Love it!!! I'm so glad you're confident and not afraid to say it! makes me a happy mama