Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode to Ballet

So basically I don't know how I would function without ballet. This past week I was having the hardest time convincing myself to go to class and I'm ashamed to say that I missed it twice both which ended up not being very good reasons. I couldn't figure out why something I previously loved so much I now didn't want to go to. So I rededicated myself today at dance and it was fantastic. When I really focus inward and just kind of forget everything but ballet I kinda reach my Nirvana. :)
School and life in general is so crazy that I have a billion thoughts flying around inside my head. I'm constantly thinking, "I have to get this and this done...ok now I have to get an A on that test....wow he was really cute.....I have to make sure I start that paper.....mmmm ice cream sound really good right now......ooooh another cute boy....k focus on homework.... hey he smiled at me.." So you kinda get the picture. Many many distractions some good some bad, but when I go to ballet it's like all that falls away and I'm able to calm down and see, not necessarily an easy way, but an easier way to get things done so I don't fly into a million pieces.
I was trying to explain to my roommate how ballet made me feel, but I really couldn't and I don't think I'm doing it justice here. Just know that without ballet I would probably be a lot crazier than I am now. It is kind of like ballet is an integral piece of who I am and without it I can't function to the best of my ability. Funny, huh? So ya this is kind of my Ode to ballet. :)

4 comments:

The Geists said...

Oh sweet McKayla!! You have a wonderful talent and its good that it gives that satisfaction!!! That just means its that much better for you!! At least you have such a wonderful talent, hobby that gives that to you!! So, Ode to Ballet! (:

Wendy said...

So I guess all of those years of dance lessons have paid off....lol! We love to watch you dance and love you even more!!

Cindy Lou said...

MeKayla you are so cute! I really really really enjoyed talking you last night! We should do it more often :)
By the way I think you should write on your blog :) Maybe after finals would be a better time though...

Anonymous said...

You're amazing. I love this. You are such an amazing dancer and it's so wonderful that it brings you such happiness.