Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Wave and Fudge Brownies


Who knew a simple wave and brownies could make a person so happy? My neighbors in my apartment complex always have their kitchen blinds up so you have a clear view into the guys apartment across the street because of course they have their blinds up as well. The only problem being they never look out their window. It got to the point that we began to wonder if they even realized they had a window. My friend Melissa made a bet with me that they would never wave back to me. So of course I continued to wave....and wave....and even dance around the kitchen trying to get their attention to no avail.

Today, though, was different. I continued to wave like an imbecile, but this time a revelation came to one of the guys that there was actually a girl waving to him in the apartment across from him. You'd think he'd been struck by lightning, then he gave the head nod and waved back. Oh but it doesn't end there. I celebrated my success with a few turns and a lot of jumping up and down with Kathy and Melissa. Then testing my luck I waved again..and again. Then more success! I got not only the first guy to wave, but his dumbstruck roommate as well. I felt pretty cool.

How do the brownies fit into this you may ask. Well I had another movie night with my friend Alyssa (watching the wonderful Sydney White) and we made the most delicious fudge brownies with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting on top. As you can tell from the picture they were too good to waste. So it was pretty much the best way to end the day...with a wave (actually two waves) and fudge brownies.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Reading this post made me miss college life!! It is sooo fun, enjoy it while you can!

Wendy said...

Cute!!!!!!!!! I miss you!