Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My BIG Announcement







Oh how I love Thanksgiving! This year it was especially sweet since I was able to truly appreciate being with my family because of being away at college. The fun part about visiting them is they believed I had a BIG secret. Let me explain and show you how my crazy family loves to blow things a little out of proportion.



I have never been the one to pamper myself, go shopping, or get my nails done (I'm too busy playing basketball or reading:). So I decided to surprise them and get my hair done- highlighted and cut. It was a perfect plan, they wouldn't know that I'd stopped by sister Peck's to get it done and she wouldn't tell them. Then poof! They would see me on Thanksgiving with a whole new hair style.

Well as anyone knows plans don't always work out. I decided to head home a little early and say hello to my grandparents the only problem being that my Dad was visiting them because of the infamous BYU vs. U of U game. He saw me and asked why I was there. I of course couldn't tell him. He then proceeded to jump to conclusions ( I was engaged, going to soon be engaged, I had a secret boyfriend that I was secretly visiting or something along those lines). He then called mom and my other family and it became this big fiasco over a silly hairstyle. Needless to say I didn't tell them why I was there and they continued to fret over what my BIG announcement was. I think they felt a little silly when they found it was just my hair:) I fear for my family's sanity when I do have a BIG announcement to tell them.

I also learned to make the famous Carter pies as you can see from the pictures. I was tempted to add another picture because of the warmth it brought to mine and my mother's hearts, but I fear Saydie might shave my eyebrows off if I post it :) so these will have to do.



1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love your hair miss you already!!! Hugs!