Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lost and Found

Sorry I know two posts in one day is a little overkill, but I wanted to add one thought. In college it is very easy to get lost in the crowds especially at a big campus. I feel like a little fish in an ocean. Then finals come along and I essentially become a hermit because I'm bad at balancing friends and school. So then there comes the stress and feeling of being lost, as I mentioned earlier.
Then out of the blue someone steps out of their comfort zone and shows that they notice you and care. I had a friend like that today. Her name is Maveny and after class she just walked and talked with me. A simple thing I know, but I felt noticed and not so lost in this big sea of college. So if you don't think what you say or do affects someone, it really does and they really appreciate it. Even when life is crazy try to take a moment and look outside yourself to someone else they need you as much as you need them.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Well said my daughter with wisdom older than her years, lol!

Cindy Lou said...

McKayla you have been that for me!! I'm ALWAYS way happier after I see you on campus :)