Monday, May 10, 2010

"The Best is Yet to Be"

I've given up on trying to predict how my life will turn out. Planning seems silly unless it is pretty general like planning to get dressed in the morning or go to work. Just when I think my course is set the road takes a sharp turn, hits a dead end, or I fall into a black hole that transports me to another universe.
I have recently been given one of the most amazing callings ever that will not only change my life for the next year, but possibly my plans after that. Drum roll please.....I am now the young womens secretary. :D woot! I am so so excited, but also pretty nervous. I loved young womens especially girls camp. In this past sacrament meeting I listened to some of the girls talk and I was blown away with insecurites because these girls are so amazing. They have such a depth of spiritual knowledge that I can't fathom how there is anything that I could teach them. So I've come to the realization that I've been put back in young womens so they can teach me the things I missed and I'm more than happy to learn. :) Plus I get to go to camp.
So the reason it has affected my life so much is because I have decided to stay home and work instead of returning to BYU in the fall. I want to dedicate myself to my new calling as well as begin to save money for my mission in March. I can put my papers in by October so I should be able to leave by the end of March. Another scary thing, but exciting and life changing :) So ya it is basically a 180 degree turn from how I was expecting life to go. I am way excited and humbled that the Lord trusts me to help out in the young womens organization. Did I mention I also get to go to camp? :)

6 comments:

Julie Williams said...

That is so exciting that you are planning on going on a mission! You are going to be a great missionary! It is crazy how life never goes as planned, but the Lord always knows where we need to be to get to where He wants us to go! You are going to be an amazing secretary! (and I agree, Girls Camp is the best!)

Melissa and Jason said...

McKayla, missions are so incredible! I'm so excited for you. You will be an incredible missionary! You're also one of those strong girls just like the Young Women...I've always been so impressed by you...such an incredible example! What an exciting time of life awaits you:)

Holli said...

Congrats on the new calling! That will be so fun for you and the girls. I'm also excited to hear that you are putting in your papers. You were always so interested in my mission experiences that I'm not at all surprised that you want to serve. You will be such a great missionary! It will be the most amazing experience of your life, mostly because of the challenges you will face, but your life will never be the same. Yahoo!

Elmer said...

Sounds like amazing things are in store for you. You are going to be so great in YW and on your mission. That's exciting!

Lucy said...

I know beyond doubt that you will not only be a wonderful in the Young Womens but also wonderful as a missionary. Your spiritual strength has always astounded me. Exciting times for you!

Anonymous said...

McKaya! You'll be so perfect in Young Womens! The girls will love you, you are amazing! Don't forget it. Also you'll make a fabulous missionary! I'm so happy for you! I love you and I hope we can see each other this summer!