Monday, August 3, 2009

The Fray and the Fireside

So not much has happened lately. I continue to work a lot and summer is getting closer and closer to being over. I did have the opportunity to go to the Fray concert a few weeks ago which was AMAZING. It was tons better than my first concert, mainly because I knew more of the songs and went with people I knew better. I love music and recently I've been more motivated to actually learn who sings what song so I'm not musically illiterate. I have gotten better and realized that I really like Daughtery and the Dave Mathews Band. Crazy what paying attention can do, huh?

I also was able to go to the YSA summit thing this past weekend. Well I only went to the last event which was the fireside because of work, but it was fantastic. Alex Boye spoke/sang about his conversion and about staying strong in the Gospel. It was really inspiring and made me realize how blessed I am to be raised in the Gospel so I know these truths and don't have to worry about what happens after I die and other of life's conundrums. Alex Boye is from England and I went with one of my friends Jesus E. and his friend Tyler M. and Jesus is actually going to England on his mission. So after the fireside Jesus wanted to meet him and he was so scared to go up and talk to him which was really funny. Tyler and I were so busy making fun of him that we actually got lost on the way home. So this would be my second time getting lost in Salt Lake. Ya think after 19 years I would know my way around. Oh well I'll eventually figure it out.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Dave Matthews has always been a favorite of mine! I think I have almost all his music, and its a ton of music!!