Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's a Birthday without decorations?

Wow, I think this must be a record, two posts in two days! I just thought I'd show you some of the cool pictures from decorating for Saydie's birthday.
In order to make Saydie's 17th birthday extra special two amazing decorators known for their creativity and perseverance in decorating were called in. Namely me and Cody. We began with the traditional birthday banner and then attempted some balloons, and finally moved to the cake. Cody and I learned quite a few things from this amazing decorating experiment.

1) We stink at being amazing decorators (took us five freakin times to get the happy birthday sign up)
2) Cheap balloons are extremely hard to blow up. I'm pretty sure one of my lungs almost collapsed. (All for love I guess)
3) Decorating is kinda boring...so tape balloons to the ceiling (much more interesting)

4) Cakes fall apart when you take them out of the pan. (Thank goodness for frosting....lots and lots of frosting)
5) If you persevere success may be just around the corner...maybe, if there is love and acceptance involved.

In the end Cody and I have decided that we may not have been meant to be amazing birthday decorators, cake decorators on the other hand....that opens up a whole new door.
The balloon wouldn't stick to the wall so cody
taped all around it. It finally stayed.


Balloon excercise for your lungs.

Ceiling art....we call it 'Three circle balloons
and two long balloons'


Not my best work. I ran out of frosting. Too much
surgery need to be done on the cake.


Success!!

1 comment:

Melissa and Jason said...

I just read your "Why I'm single" blog....and all I can say is wait for the one you're meant to be with! It is so worth it! I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did...and it isn't easy....but wow, when you find it....AMAZING!!